CYCLE ELECTRIC INC
The CE-325L is designed for 2000 Softail (The CE-325L is a low voltage regulator specially tuned for the hotter running batteries in Softails)
Regulator-Remove Old Regulator
1) Disconnect battery negative terminal.
2) Disconnect regulator DC wire from the main breaker.
Note: if you tie a piece of fishing line to the ring terminal of old regulator wire before pulling wire out. You can use this cord to pull the new wire in place.
3) Take note of how old wire is routed. Cut wire ties and remove wire.
4) Unplug regulator from stator.
5) Unbolt regulator and remove.
Install New Regulator
1) Mount new regulator. Use the stock mounting bolts with the star washers supplied. Insert star washers between the bolt head and the regulator. This will insure the regulator has a good ground connection.
2) Route DC+ output wire to main circuit breaker. Connect wire to silver post of main breaker.
3) Plug stator to regulator.
4) Check the routing of all wires to be sure they are not in a vulnerable position. Keep wires away from exhaust pipes and moving parts. Be sure wires are not on the very bottom of the lower frame or they will get pinched if you bottom out.
Replace all wire ties previously cut and add new ones where necessary.
5) Reconnect battery and start motor. Test battery voltage. All “L” model regulators should run between 13.7~14.1 Standard models should run 14.2 to 14.6 depending on what model you have.
Have A Good Ride!!
For complete product listing and technical information see our web site.